Sunday, January 23, 2011

Can I successfully paint on canvas outdoors in the winter?



Your Ad Here





Question by hoover: Can I successfully paint on canvas outdoors in the winter?

I don't have a room that I can have enough ventilation to do art, so I was wondering if I could use oil / acrylic paints on stretch canvases outdoors in the winter? How warm does it need to be before I can take my painting outside? ( I work with Daler-Rowney acrylic, and Winsor Newton oils) Does temperature cause paintings to crack? How should I go about painting, since I currently do not have a indoor room to work in? Thanks!
The average temperature here is low 50s F.




Best answer:


Your Ad Here


Answer by sealhands
acryllic paints arent that toxic in terms of fumes, you should able to paint inside no problem, even oil paints shouldnt be that much of a concern, the only problem is using a thinner, in which case just use water to dilute it or not use it all.





Give your answer to this question below!

Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment