Wednesday, February 23, 2011

How can you go about getting a personal loan from a bank? What collateral do you usually need?



Your Ad Here





Question by Mike D!: How can you go about getting a personal loan from a bank? What collateral do you usually need?

I will probably need to replace my car soon, but I don't know that I want a traditional car loan because it would require having more insurance, and thus be rather expensive for me. (It'd be about double for me, as I don't have a spotless driving record). I was wondering if instead I could get a personal loan from the bank, say in the neighborhood of -5K and use that for a car thus saving me a bunch of money by not needing collision coverage if I could pay for the car in cash.

Now the questions ... is this possible, or is there usually some stipulation that you can't use a personal loan for a car? What sort of collateral do you usually need for a personal loan? If you have good credit, can you get one w/out collateral? Any info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!




Best answer:


Your Ad Here


Answer by WhiteWolf359
I don't know what state you live in, but in Florida you are required to have collision insurance for at least ,000, even if you own your car. As to personal loans, yes, if you have good credit, you can usually get one with no collateral. Just explain to the bank that you want the money to purchase a new car, and arrange a repayment schedule based on your current income. Most banks will do that.





Add your own answer in the comments!

Your Ad Here


No comments:

Post a Comment